Monday, November 18, 2013

Put a Bird on It!

Birds are very popular right now.  Well, I guess they have stood the test of time as far as decor is concerned, but with the introduction of Pinterest, birds are EVERYWHERE!  I don't mind jumping on that bandwagon.  I have always love incorporating wildlife in to my home decor, so I love that owls, foxes, deer and birds are more widely accessible now.  That being said.....a friend and I were talking about her dining room table.  It was a hand me down from her mother in law and several years ago they had it stained dark.  A couple moves and a toddler later it had seen better days.  So I begged her to let me refinish it.  She agreed and off we went on our merry Pinteresting ways :-).  She had a chair that served as the color and bird inspiration for the design, but we wanted to tone it down a little.  This is what we ended up with.  The green is Maison Blanche Mardis Gras with a dark wax finish and the top was taken down to its original color the varnished to protect it.  It is perfectly shabby :-)





The natural wood sealed with varnish

The seats have these gold birds.  Just enough to notice, but not enough to overpower the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment